LiveOffMusic.com

Are You A High School Dropout?

What would you do if you didn’t have schooling (High school or GED) but you wanted to be the best you can be?

A lot of people would say, well, you cant be the best you can be because you don’t have schooling. I say schooling and not education because I feel that we can obtain “education” from anywhere, not just school. Anyway, if someone tells you can be the best you can be because you don't have a high school diploma or a GED, I want to say that I don’t agree! At all!




Not to brag but I own 3 companies. I’m also working with other companies. I’m considered to be blessed with a talent that can bring me success at a early age and with the mind to handle it. I’m a recording artist/producer/songwriter/marketer/publisher/graphic designer/promoter/writer/sound engineer/video producer/video director and radio host. Now some of these things I’m not a pro at but Ive done my homework. Ive been doing all of these, at once, since I was 9 years old. Of course people don’t have to do all these things at once, some people are better off just doing one! In fact since I've been through it, I suggest you pick on thing to do.


So, why am i saying all of this? again, its not to brag on myself, I’m very humble, I ain't cocky, that's one of the reasons why I'm successful. I’m saying this because i don’t have ANY schooling, no high school, no GED. Look how many things I've done. Ive produced a few tracks for Universal Records when i was 17, that was 3 months after i dropped out of school. I am partners with professionals in the music industry and I'm doing business with all types of business owners. I've taught myself almost everything, I studied human relations on my own, I studied music business, marketing, song craft and language arts on my own. I've studied music from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s to whats the number song on the billboards right now! I studied one of the best songwriters ever, John Lennon from The Beatles. I also know about Diane Warren, shes the best songwriter of our time.


Again whats my point? I DON’T HAVE ANY SCHOOLING! My message is not, don’t go to school, my message is, you can do ANYTHING, Period. Put your mind into something and just do it, you’ve heard the phrase before. If you don’t have any schooling don’t feel discourage. You don’t have to do music, that's just something I do, there are millions of things you can do. Discover your talent, discover your passion. Start a business, start now, its easy. Although I didn’t finish high school, I still had to study, not science, not social studies but what is going to help me achieve my goals. Ask yourself, what do I need to study about to get to where i would like to be? with your talents, your skills, what you would love doing.


I hate when the world tells people that “schooling” is what basically “makes” you. Lord knows if I had a mic to reach a million people I would say so much! Knowledge is power for sure, but it doesn’t mean you have to get it from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment